This page shows your user information and (if your user role has the relevant permissions)
your settings, company details, and your license details. You can change your settings and
company details, and buy a paid license.
If you are a user in multiple tenants, you can also switch between tenants on this page.
You can also watch the instruction video.
You can change your personal profile:
- Name - change your name. Please note that you can't change your own email
address, as this can only be done in Account - Users.
- Mobile phone - your mobile phone number, including country prefix. This is
used for Multi Factor Authentication (one of the optional account security options).
- Dates & numbers - select how you want dates and numbers to be formatted.
This will apply to all reports and screens.
- Notify me on changes - choose if you want to be notified when changes are
made to certain objects.
- Emails - select if you want to receive notification emails from us.
- Tips - select if you want to see tips whilst you navigate through
XLReporting. Tips are small (i) icons in every screen that show
tips when you hover over them.
- Suggestions - select if you want to see suggestions while you are working
in XLReporting. Suggestions are popup messages that show recommendations
based on your actions.
If your user role has Edit tenant permission, you can also change the tenant
settings for your account:
- Company name and address - enter or edit your company address details.
- Currency - set the default currency. You can deviate from this in reports.
- Your logo - enter the URL to an image file. This image will be displayed as
the logo. You can copy the address of a web-based image file by right-clicking on the
relevant webpage in your web browser and selecting "Copy image address".
- Color - you can assign a default color for the page header. Optionally, you
can define a different color for each group of items. This makes user navigation more
- Security options - select the security options for your account. Please
read the next paragraph for detailed explanations.
- Global settings - define global settings that you can lookup in any import,
report, or model using the SETTING() function.
- Script - create a script to define custom functions which you can use in
any expression across all your objects. This option is for advanced use, and only visible if
your user role has Edit script permission. Read more
If your user role has Edit tenant permission, you can also change the security
options for your account:
- Require MFA login - when enabled, this creates an extra level of
security when logging into XLReporting. In addition to email and password, users will be
prompted to enter a code that is displayed on their mobile device. You can use any mobile
app such as Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Twilio Authy, LastPass etc.
Should you loose your mobile or app settings, you can contact us to have a
fallback code sent to you per email.
- Require same domain - when enabled, this will require the email address
of new users to be same domain(s) that are already currently in use. For example, if your
current users have "@mycompany.nl" and "@mycompany.com" email addresses, all new users
have to be on either of those 2 domains. Whenever you want to add a domain, you can
temporarily disable this setting, create a new user with the new domain, and then
enable this setting again.
- Disable external dashboards - by default, dashboards can be published to
external people who don't have to be registered users within XLReporting (read more). If you don't want your users to be able to
do this, you can disable that feature here for your entire account.
- Disable object scripts - by default, scripts can be created when defining
objects. Scripts are small pieces of program code that can perform automated and repetitive
tasks, but they carry a limited risk. If you don't want your users to be able to do this,
you can disable that feature here for your entire account.
Global settings enable you to define flags and "key=value" controls. You can look them up using
the SETTING() function in your imports, reports, and models. This function returns true if the
given setting exists in the global settings of the tenant (or its value if defined), else false.
See the SETTING function for more details.
Please note that global settings are case-sensitive. Avoid using spaces.
The license section is only visible if your user role has Edit settings
permission, and deals with your contractual agreement with us and your license to use our
- Your current license - this shows your current license subscription and how
much data you are currently using. We apply a "Fair Use" policy, but if you are structurally
exceeding your licensed storage, you need to upgrade your license. Please contact
us for any questions you may have.
- Accept our Service Agreement - we kindly ask you to read our Service
Agreement, and tick this box to indicate that you accept it. The agreement outlines
important things about our obligations as Provider, your rights as Customer, and how we
strive to protect your data.
Please note that you must accept the
agreement before you can fully use your account.
here to read the agreement in full.
- Close your account - we surely hope you'll never need this option, but if
you must, then here it is. Your account will be closed immediately, and your data will be
automatically deleted after 5 days. If you regret your decision, please contact
us within 5 days.
- Change license - click on any of the product boxes to upgrade (or
downgrade) your license. You'll be taken through a payment process with our partner Stripe
Inc to process your payment. You can opt for monthly or annual subscriptions.
You can use the Save and Actions buttons in
the right-top of the screen:
These buttons enable you to do the following:
- Save - save your changes
- Actions - open a dropdown menu with further options:
- Change my password - passwords must be at least 8 characters using lowercase,
uppercase, and numbers. Passwords automatically expire after 180 days.
- Change my MFA login - when enabled, this creates an extra level of security when
logging into XLReporting. In addition to email and password, you will be prompted to
enter a code that is displayed on your mobile device. You can use Google
Authenticator or Twilio Authy, which are free apps available on all mobile devices.
- Change my API access - when enabled, you can retrieve data from (and import data
into) data sets through the XLReporting API. For example, you can send data directly
from another system or database into XLReporting without having to go through the
web pages. Or you can retrieve data from XLReporting directly into another system.
You need to provide an API token with all requests. API tokens are valid for 360
days, and you can revoke or renew them at any point in time.
- Transfer objects - this option is only visible if your user role has Transfer
objects permission, and enables you to export the configuration of your
objects to a file, for re-import at a later point in time, or import into another
- Refresh sandbox - this option is only visible if your user role has Define
account permission AND you are logged into a Sandbox tenant (which is a
separate copy of your live tenant). This option enables you to refresh all
configuration and data in your sandbox tenant based on your live tenant.
- Manage my clients - this option is only visible if you are one of our partners
and your user role has Manage clients permission. It enables you to
view your client tenants, and to manage (review, create and update) your defined
objects, user roles, and users into your clients.
- Review my tenant - this option is only visible if your user role has Define
account permission, and shows your tenant configuration and recent
- Review my activity - this option shows your own recent activity.
- Switch tenant - this option is only visible if you have access to more than one
tenant, and it enables you to switch between those tenants without having to
explicitly login again.
You can create tokens for MFA and API using the Actions menu:
- We do not provide fallback codes for MFA. If you lost your device or if you are unable
to login using MFA, you can contact us to reset your MFA status,
or to fall back to sending the MFA code over email.
- API tokens have a validity of 360 days, or until such time that you revoke or renew them
or change permissions of your user account. During the 10 days before tokens are due to
expire, you will be receiving multiple automated emails informating you that your token
is due to expire.
- If you use automated connections using an API token, make sure that the emails are
being read so you are informed timely when a token is due to expire.